If I asked you who taught you to speak English, you would say your parents.
If I asked you who taught you how to think, you would say your parents.
Am I wrong when I say that people who teach you language, teach you how to think?
I doubt the educational system realizes the greatness they are producing by requiring the youth to take language classes. I even more so doubt that YOU realize the greatness.
- Learning a different language than your native tongue opens your mind to the possibilities of exploring the world.
- Hearing a language makes you feel connected with the world even in your home town.
- I love Improv, so knowing another language allows me to really work new personalities and different cultures into an Improv show. I can imitate Hitler in a humorous way, I can reenact the German language parts of movies, I can create any type of German person I want, all because I learned another language.
- With another language, you rarely learn negative vocabulary, so you do not know how to produce negative feelings - Stay Positive
- As a more fun reason to learn another language, you get to become someone else. You have just opened another path that you can walk while you walk your current path. A double life of excellence. You can make up a common German or Italian name (Mine is Gregor, in German).
While language gives you a new way of thinking by having you analyze, articulate, write, and explore a certain language, it does something far greater for you.
On the base level, you open your mind to growth, the more you understand about language, the more you can comprehend about life. Yet there is something even greater… not only does it expand your mind for greater understanding, but it expands it to “Not understand” — Not understand why so many people limit themselves in their learning. It compels you to “not understand” why people can think they can be one of the most successful people on the planet without being able to talk and understand the lifestyles of people on the other side of the planet. The reason I am writing this post is because I do not understand why anyone is content with knowing one language. Language allows you to connect.
If you talk to a woman in a language she understands, that goes to her head.
If you talk to her in her language, that goes to her heart.
Which person do you think learns more and is more successful? The person who only knows english and can only connect with less than 3 billion people? Or the person who knows two, three, four, five languages that can connect with 6+ billion people. Twice as many as the single language speaker. The ability to speak and connect with 1 billion more people than you can now, would dramatically improve your life. Traveling would not be a dream, it would become a reality. Job opportunities would open across the globe. You would be exposed to millions of more women and men to find your true love. (Maybe you wont find someone in a foreign territory, but when you find one near your home place, you can serenade her with the language you now know!)
A Manual Aptitude For An Einstein
With language, you are not only open to connecting with billions of people, but also billions of books and information. With a better understanding of the world and the endless amount of knowledge it provides, you can become a genius.
Language is the archives of history. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
In the world of learning a language and how to think, it does not matter what “success” is to you. The fact is, that no matter what success means to you, learning another language will get you there 3+ billion times faster with 3+ billion times greater of an experience, a journey.
Learning a language is like being born again. You are now able to make all the decisions you made in your native language. But this time, you can make the right ones.
Stay Positive, and 3+ Billion Times More Positive Than Before
Garth E. Beyer – Like Confucius, “In his speech, he wishes to be sincere”