truly know what they are doing. In light of my Women in Literature class I am taking and my rediscovery of a particular page in Keri Smith’s Living Out Loud, I’d like to share Keri’s 10 characteristics of women writers.
Oh yea, and don’t make fun of me for having the book. I had no clue it was created primarily for women when I got it!
1. A passion for nature.
2. A connection with something greater than themselves.
3. A connection with childhood memories.
4. A connection to other artists, writers, and creators,
5. A sharing of ideas and inspiration: creative gatherings, dinners, support groups, café meetings, letter writing, afternoon teas.
6. A need for, and confidence in, solitude.
7. A capacity for self-motivation: inspiring walks, travel, learning new skills, reading, cooking, exploring.
8. An experience of pain, and the triumph of moving beyond it to create a well of strength.
9. A gift of mindfulness and an ability to see magic in the ordinary.
10. An experience of gratefulness and compassion for all the good things and people in their lives.
But then again, I wouldn’t have been able to share this with you if I hadn’t.
Stay Positive & Having Passion Is Always More Beautiful Than Makeup
Garth E. Beyer