Beer Writer for Cap Times
- Write 700-1,200 word articles on all things beer.
- Brewery openings.
- Music to my beers.
- Beer trends and experiments.
Podcast host for the In The Box podcast
Managing Editor of Curb Magazine
- Managed day-to-day operations and worked with 22 other staff.
- Provided advice in business plan, design, promotion, and budget.
- Created deadline calendar, and enforced deadlines.
- Content edited articles, advised in story development, and assisted in all editorial and production functions as needed.
- My stories: Brewing like it’s 1852 and The benefit of spent grain
Creator and writer of What’s On Tap
- Pitched, photographed and wrote articles about craft beer articles.
Creative Director and Copy Editor for Mexico Tourism Board, created a rebranding brief
- Worked with 5 others to research tourism industry, develop new campaign strategy, and write a creative, media, and promotions plan.
- Competed against two other groups and won the client.
- Mexico Campaign Book.
- Pitch Slides.
PR Associate of Comer Group for Lands’ End, created a rebranding brief
- Worked with a team of 12 to write and create content for a rebranding strategy.
- Lands’ End Campaign Brief.
- Competed against another group and won the client.
Marketing help for MobCraft Beer
- Researched and wrote up a four page plan of marketing challenges and tasks.
- Developed craziest palate competition.
Articles Up For Grabs
- The itch
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dane County
- Doug Moe
- To start a business when you’re young … or not
- Jeff Bezos Buys The Washington Post (Prezi)
Managing Editor of J335
- Built website and wrote stories on the real cost of college
- In-depth reporting project
- Managed 12+ writers
- Final product: InTheRed – the real cost of college
UW-Madison MOOCs multimedia content
PR Daily, contributor
- The Characteristics of Those Who Start A Business While In School
- Want To Become CEO? Consider Getting A Job First
Social Media Coordinator, kept conversations alive online during conference
The Badger Herald