The Writer’s Kiss

If you’re a writer, be a writer.

If you’re an editor, be an editor.

They are two different lifestyles and they have a peculiar way of, not entwining, but meeting each other.

Writing is like kissing a girl, you (the guy, the writer) go 90% of the way. You have the ideas, you put words to paper, you apply the foundation and build the structure of a story. The girl goes the other 10% of the way. She does the editing, the grammar, the mechanics.

You meet, you kiss,, you both leave each others lips stronger, more assured, more confident in it working out. The perfect kiss. The perfect writing.

Garth Beyer

Garth Beyer is a Madison-based writer and Public Relations Strategist focused on telling stories, running through trend-making PR strategies and trying new things in life.

Latest posts by Garth Beyer (see all)

Share A Response